Consultant Oral Surgeon
BDS MSc PhD (Lond 1989) LDSRCS (Edinburgh 1996) MFDSRCS (Ireland 1999) FFDRCS (Ireland 2000) DipDSed
GDC No. 72598
Abdel is an experienced Oral Surgeon with a sound academic background.
He is a King’s Graduate and undertook a PhD on the Prediction of Oral Cancer at the Eastman Dental Institute, University of London. His research was published and presented at national and international scientific conferences.
He works as a Consultant in Royal South Hants, University Hospital Southampton: and previously (2002-2007) at Edgware Community Hospital. He also teaches Oral Surgery at both Guy’s and King’s College Hospitals.
Abdel has a Diploma in Conscious Sedation and therefore is very experienced in dealing with anxious dental patients and can offer procedures under intravenous sedation.
He actively contributes to the training of junior dentists and runs Oral Surgery courses in the UK and abroad. Abdel is a dynamic member of King’s College multidisciplinary team for management of facial pain, and regularly lectures about this subject at international meetings.
Abdel has a special interest in surgical removal of wisdom teeth and jaw cysts, pre-prosthetic & cosmetic surgeries of the jaw and management of facial pain.
Abdel has also a sound experience in dental implant surgery, bone augmentation and in managing a variety of oral surgery conditions under intravenous sedation.
Treatment / Procedures:
- Removal of wisdom teeth
- Management of Oral Infections
- Removal of teeth and buried roots
- Peri-radicular (apicectomy) surgery
- Management of Oro-facial Pain &Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
- Treatment of intra-oral benign and cystic lesions
- Investigation and treatment of Oral Ulcers.
- Dentoalveolar surgery in relation to orthodontic treatment (orthodontic service)
- Impacted teeth
- Management of anxious patients
- Jaw cysts
- Intravenous sedation
- White lesions of the oral mucosa and tongue
- Dental implants & bone augmentation
- Facial Pain