Our consultants Professor Paul Coulthard, Mr Stephen Dover and Dr Ed Bailey offers a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery under local anaesthesia and intravenous sedation when requested. This sedation is provided by a consultant anaesthetist, Dr Kamran Ahmad or our sedationists, a full range of oral surgical procedures are available. If you require oral surgery in London then we have state of the art clinic with high precision tech for you.
Our oral surgeons, Dr Abdel Tawfik and Dr Samy Darwish are also on hand for oral surgery procedures such as, the removal of wisdom teeth or impacted teeth roots. For more information about them, please click here.
If you have any dental or medical insurance including Aviva, Bupa, Cigna, Simply Health, PruHealth or PPP, please make us aware at time of booking your consultation appointment. We may require applicable forms and/or pre-authorisation codes, this will depend on the insurance company you use and your personal policy.
Please be aware that our Consultants are accredited with most medical insurance companies. Even if you only have medical and not specified dental insurance, you still may be able to claim for some of your treatment. If you wish to discuss this or have any questions relating to our services, please contact us on 0207 580 4200 prior to your appointment.
What oral surgery services do we offer?
- Surgical removal of impacted/buried teeth
- Surgical Endodontic/Apicectomy, Orthodontics/Exposure of teeth
- Enucleation of cysts of jaw
- Biopsy/Excision of lesion of mouth including lips, tongue, palate
- Pre-prosthetic surgery including vestibuloplasty
- Closure/repair of pro-antral fistulae +/- pedicled fat graft
- Removal of stone/calculus from salivary gland duct
- Biopsy of minor salivary gland (labial gland biopsy)
- Ankylotomy (tongue tie release)
Our oral surgeon also covers other issues, such as:
- Diagnosis and treatment of facial pain
- Oral medicine
- Recurrent oral aphthous ulcers
- Red/white patches of the mouth
- Burning mouth, Dry Mouth, Hyper-salivation
- Lumps and bumps of the mouth
- Use of muscle relaxing injections for the treatment of TMJ related conditions, gummy smiles
- Oral manifestations of systemic disease
How much does Oral surgery cost in London?
An extraction of a tooth can cost from £315 depending on the complexity.
How long will the treatment take?
Most procedures take less than hour
What is required before Oral surgery?
We provide a consultation before any treatment to plan any procedures. During this, you will be given all the specific and bespoke information if anything is required before your oral surgery procedure.
"Due to an infected dentigenous cyst on my wisdom tooth, I was examined by 3 different consultant dentists at various dental practices, all of whom suggested that dental surgery plus bone graft was required. They estimated the time under anesthetic and surgery would be in the region of 90-120 minutes.
However, following a meeting with Dr Abdel Tawfik who is a Consultant Oral Surgeon and is a specialist in Sedation at the SDS, I decided that I would follow his expert advice and had the procedure performed by him in under 20 minutes and thankfully did not require a bone graft as the previous dentists had advised.
A month later and I am pleased to say that I am extremely happy with the results of my dental operation and relieved by the short sedation recommended by Dr Tawfik. Although it was a slightly complicated procedure, Dr Tawfik made the whole process much easier and far less daunting.
I thoroughly recommend Dr Tawfik’s practice and wish him continued success in the future."
Dr Ali Khalouha
"Amazing dentist surgery and great service from Stacey and Dr Tawfik"